We took a mini-vacation to the Royal Gorge while Mimi & Grampy were visiting. I went as a child almost 30 years ago and remember being terrified as my parents made me walk across that bridge. I had a huge fear of heights and still do. But, this trip not only made me face my fear (I successfully crossed the bridge!) but reminded me of how vacation memories with family are some of my fondest from childhood...I love that we are creating that with our boys. Thanks Mimi & Grampy for going with us and helping make this such a fun trip!

Getting ready to ride the carousel.

Loving the painted ponies!


Sean got on a wild one!

Mom held my hand as I crossed the bridge, just as she and my Dad did the first time around. I'm pretty sure my palms were sweating.

Here we go!

Having a snack on the other side of the bridge.

We met up with some real Cow Pokes!

And visited a Tee Pee.

Sean was fearless on the bridge. I can't understand it.

Sean took this one from the bridge.
You can barely see the red speck of the gondola in the upper left. Scary!!!!

All Aboard!

I took this photo for Sean's business cards.

Riding the little train...getting ready for the big train on Monday!

Grampy had the great idea that we take Skyline Drive back to our hotel. It was steep and narrow, but amazing views from the top.

So glad Sean was driving instead of me!

Mimi entertaining the boys back at the hotel while we waited for the pizza to be delivered. I was getting dizzy just watching them!
No comments:
Post a Comment