For our six-year anniversary, we were lucky enough to leave the boys at home with the grandparents and spend the night at Table Mountain Inn in Golden. It was wonderful!!! We got the employee rate AND were surprise upgraded to a suite! I loved all the Southwestern details of our room, the cute balcony and stucco fireplace. Can you say: romantic? Loved it. We ended up getting a discounted bar tab in the "Cantina" and free breakfast the next morning, too! Thank you, Taylor!!! You sure know how to hook a cousin up! Thanks also to Mimi & Grampy for enduring a rough bedtime with the boys so that we could have a night away. We appreciate it so much!
On New Year's Day, we took the boys to see The Muppets movie! I loved reliving my childhood (I had a Muppets lunch box, complete with Kermit thermos.) and the boys (Davis) did really well up until about 20 minutes before the movie ended. I think we made a mistake getting there early and having them sit through a half hour of previews before the movie started...the popcorn helped, but it can only get you so far.
We also got to see the Chipmunks characters in the lobby which the boys LOVED! I think they've seen part of one Chipmunks movie, but it must have made quite an impression, because they really like these guys. Anyway, this photo-op was too cute to pass up!


No comments:
Post a Comment