This weekend was my last on nights, something I never thought I would say. I have worked night shift almost my entire nursing career and have loved it. However, the lack of sleep was starting to get the best of me and it was time to make a change for my family. Hopefully, I can now be a better mommy and wife and not feel like a zombie all the time. Fingers crossed!
We partied all weekend long! The awesome girls that I work with threw me a little going-away party on Sunday night and then a few of us went to Snooze, the greatest breakfast place ever, after work for one final hurrah.
My BFF & favorite charge nurse, Dez.
The "Top 10 Reasons to Stay on Nights" list that Dez & the other girls made for me. WARNING: Some OB nursing humor here...read at your own risk.
Snooze did not disappoint!
David, Dez and Cathy kicking off our Mardi Gras party on Saturday! Cathy is from Louisiana and made us yummy gumbo. We also had fried catfish, corn bread, fried chicken, and even a king cake! I'm not going to lie, it was one of our best pot-lucks ever.
I love you girls & couldn't ask for a better group of coworkers. It's just not going to be the same rockin' it on Days without you all. Thanks for such a great send off! Miss you already...






Glad I get to work with you no matter what shift you work! See you in 8-9 more weeks.
ReplyDeleteGlad I get to work with you no matter what shift you work! See you in 8-9 more weeks.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Brandy! Me too! :-) Enjoy the rest of your leave.
ReplyDelete