Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Date Night!

Last Thursday, we went out for drinks, dinner & dessert...can't tell you how long it's been since we did that! It was wonderful.  So much fun to try a new restaurant and just enjoy being a couple instead of parents for the night.  I must say, I probably had one too many margaritas but for some reason I really wanted to make the most of our night on the town.  The next morning at work, I questioned that decision.  Oh well!!

 The view from our table at "Linger".  http://lingerdenver.com/ The place happens to be an old mortuary (Olinger's, for you Denver folks), but it's not creepy at all.  Kind of a cool story/concept, actually.  
It overlooks this great ice cream place called "Little Man" http://littlemanicecream.com/ (pictured).  We had some de-lish small plates at Linger, then waited in line for ice cream--totally worth the wait!  Our friend, Katie, recommended Linger and my cousin, Taylor, suggested the ice cream place.  Both were a hit!  




*On a side-note, we were waiting in line for ice cream with a couple who were recently reunited after not seeing one another for 12 years!  They grew up together as childhood friends in NYC, then she moved away in middle school, while he stayed in New York.  Over a decade later, they reconnected via the internet!  Now they are 20-somethings and we got to see them on their first "date"/his first trip to CO...I'm pretty sure they'll get married some day, so it was very romantical to meet them & hear their story.  Now we're all friends on Facebook, so I'll let you know how everything turns out & if we get invited to the wedding. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment