Carter is obsessed with Super Heroes. It started with a $15 Iron Man costume at Costco for Halloween this year. I didn't even realize he knew who Iron Man was, but apparently he does. He has decided that his brother will be Spider Man for Halloween (costume pending, thus the Buzz Lightyear from last Halloween) and that next year, he will be a Power Ranger. Now, that's some planning!
I am a little out-of-touch with Super Hero stuff, being a girl and all, but I can tell you that when I was five or six, I had Wonder Woman Underoos and I was In. Love. With. Them. Anyone else remember those!? This girl totally gets it. I was Wonder Woman for Halloween that year, complete with a red cape my mom sewed for me and it is still one of my fondest childhood memories.
Today, Carter woke up from nap and saw that I had gotten him a light/sound gadget ($5 at Wal-Mart) for his Iron Man costume and he got so excited. He hugged me and told me "Mom, I'll protect you." So, so sweet. He totally meant it, too, people. As in "Let me get this suit on and I will defend you to the ends of the earth." Where do little boys come up with this stuff?? I have no idea, but I'm sure glad that they're living at my house...
Who is that? Buzz and Iron Man?
"No mom, it's just me, Davis!"

I think I may need to borrow a little super hero around here!!!
ReplyDelete