Thursday, November 1, 2012

1st Annual Halloween Dinner Party

We started a new tradition this year of having family and friends over for a simple dinner (soup and chili) on Halloween night, before Trick-or-Treating.  I stole the idea from Stephanie, my Sister-in-Law(ish).  We had 11 adults and 4 kids this year and next year, we hope to do it all over again!  We even got to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".  I. Love. Traditions.  

 Our two favorite monkeys came over to get their spook on.

 Kelsie helped the boys sort through all of their loot.

 Mimi flew in from Kansas City right as the festivities were getting underway!  She wanted to see the boys in costume and be here to help us have a spooktacular time.  (Carter was not happy that we took away his Tootsie pop for this photo.)

 A crazy suburban witch with her two favorite boys.

 Cousins!

 Sean was on Trick-or-Treat duty while I stayed home with our company to pass out candy. Incidentally, Davis was supposed to be Spider-Man for Halloween but had a last-minute wardrobe change to Buzz Lightyear, much to Carter's disappointment (ruining the Superhero theme).  Anyway, they still came home with bags full of candy and big smiles.  I'd say, the night was a success!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! We started the same tradition this year! Wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Penny! We would have so much fun being neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete