Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kind of a Big Deal...

...the issue of battery safety, that is.  Somehow, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission got ahold of our news story about Carter and the button battery, and wrote to us for help in their battery safety investigation!  I spoke with them this week and was happy to find out that they will use the information from our experience to help their cause to make the warnings on battery packaging more clear and informative for parents, and other consumers.  Wonderful news!


I have also been in contact with the Marketing director at  Hexbug, and she has added some recent changes to their website to specifically address the issue of battery safety.  Hooray!  She said they are also looking into adding some warnings on their replacement battery packing in the future.  Apparently, this issue was on the agenda for their recent meeting with the Founder/CEO of Hexbug, International.  I am so happy that they are actually listening and trying to get the word out to keep other kids from going through what Carter went through...or worse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment