Monday, August 26, 2013

Up On the Roof

Sean's parents stopped in Colorado to visit us on their way back from Alaska.  I am sad to say that we have zero pics from their five nights here.  I do have evidence that Grandpa Dan was here, because he helped Sean work on the deck and they got a lot done!  The roof is finished and the trim work has started.  The next step is to do the wiring for the ceiling fans and the outdoor speakers.
Grandma Pat did a lot of work, too!  She took care of the boys all weekend so that the guys could focus on the outside work.  THANK YOU to both of them for all the help and patience!  We love you both and are so glad you came to see us on your long trip home to MO.  

 View of the finished roof from our bathroom window.

 Sean and the boys having some R&R.

 You can see the roof soffit better from these angles.  Apparently, this is a big job and takes a long time.  I wouldn't know, but it sure is looking nice! Sean has gotten several comments and questions from the other dads in the neighborhood about his construction skills.  I think they are all worried that their wives are going to want a back porch like this!  I'm willing to hire Sean out...
 The posts will all be covered and painted to look more like our front porch and match the house.

...just a trampoline shot for fun.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment