Monday, November 11, 2013

Deck Project: Completed!

Four months, three grandpas, one hard-working husband and countless man hours later--WE HAVE A DECK!  This project is officially finished!  (Aside from some gutters we have a guy coming to install, but who cares about that?)  It has been an amazing process to see Sean bring this project from paper to reality. I couldn't be happier with the end result and I know we will get a lot of use out of this in the warmer months. But, enough about that.  Here she is in all her glory:

Remember, this is what we started out with: 



 I love the "Before and After" shots.




 Much-improved view from the back door!


 Sean painted the ceiling and railings to match our front porch.  He also added two ceiling fans, four outdoor speakers & an extra outlet to string Christmas lights (if we want).  Can't wait to have our first party!


 The grill finally has a home.  
 We haven't figured out a good way to keep the decking from getting muddy paw prints all over it, but other than that it's wonderful.  Thanks, Sean, for all of your hard work and not complaining (too much) about how big of a project this was.  :-) I know you would rather be working on your car! I love you and am so grateful to have such a talented husband! 




No comments:

Post a Comment