Monday, December 16, 2013

So Proud!

Carter's kindergarten class has been doing an Eric Carle theme in reading/writing workshop for the past several weeks and they gave a little presentation today in the school library.  Each of the kids took part in the presentation and Carter introduced each of the three different themes. I was so proud of him!  He spoke very confidently and seemed so old to me.  Yep, I cried.  It was as if I were sitting there watching my little boy grow up right before my eyes.  So bittersweet to be proud of the person your child is becoming, yet also be sad that time is slipping away too quickly.  

After the tears presentation, we headed back to the classroom to see our student's portfolio of artwork related to Eric Carle, and have some snacks--Davis's favorite part!
The school librarian helped the class put together a program of their artwork online and you can see that here.  It is kind of long, but Carter's art is towards the front...then you can scroll to the end to see the whole class.  It is really sweet. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment