The boys were so excited for Valentine's Day this year; both had parties at school to look forward to and were busy signing all the cards for their classmates. We even made Valentine's cupcakes to get ready for the big day!
Yummy!
This was taken later that day, just a random pic of the boys. :-)
On the morning of our school parties, I noticed Carter had a raised, dry, pink rash that was spreading all over his body. After talking to the triage nurse at our Pediatrician's office, she felt it was best if I bring Carter in. So, we rushed to drop Davis off at school so he could still participate in his class party (which I was supposed to be helping with) and I kept Carter home with me. Davis was disappointed that I wasn't going to be there, but it couldn't be helped. After Preschool, the three of us headed to Carter's appointment. By that point the rash had spread onto his face. They diagnosed it as Strep, even though his rapid Strep culture came back negative. Because the rash was textbook for Strep, they gave us an Rx for antibiotics and off we went. I had never seen Strep present this way, but both the NP and the doc agreed that's what it was & that it was contagious. Good thing we had a four-day weekend! Well, that was Thursday & here it is Tuesday...he still has a fever, the rash is improved but now his face is swollen, more so on the right side. They think he must have a virus on top of Strep so if it's not better by tomorrow we will go back for a follow-up appointment. Poor guy!
Waiting to see the Nurse Practitioner. He doesn't look sick, does he?
One of our neighbors was kind enough to bring Carter's Valentine's home from school after the party. He was SO excited and looked at each & every one. (Incidentally, I was co-room mom for the Kindergarten party. Oh well! I dropped off all the supplies that morning & it sounds like the party was a success.)
Davis wanted to look at all of his Valentine's again, too!
Later that night, Carter woke up puking all over the place. Awesome.
The boys opened their Valentine's gifts from us on Friday morning. It was a nice distraction from the fevers and puking. :-)
Thank you so much for the wonderful V-Day cards everyone sent! We had a lot of fun opening and playing with them all! We are feeling the love, even if it wasn't the great day we were hoping for. Next year will be better, right?! XOXO...The Beilmans

No comments:
Post a Comment