Thursday, February 18, 2010

dreams

Last night as I was watching the Olympics, I was suddenly overcome with emotion as Lindsey Vonn won a gold medal, despite her shin injury. Some people work their entire lives to receive recognition and validation on the world's stage while others work just as tirelessly for private successes. More than likely, my boys will not be winning gold medals in the Olympics when they grow up...and I'm fine with that.


My dream for my boys is that they find something they are passionate about and pursue that, either as a career or a supplement to their work; sometimes dreams don't pay so well. I want them to be happy, and of course successful, (What parent doesn't want that for their child?) but above all I want them to feel accepted and loved by us no matter what they choose to be. As they grow up and life becomes more complicated, I hope my boys know I will be behind them every step of the way. Mommy will always be your biggest fan, no medal required.

We love you both SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment