Tuesday, February 16, 2010

questions

Carter has been saying so many funny things lately. We think his verbal skills are pretty impressive! He has started asking about what things "do". (Can you say future engineer?) Anyway, he will ask "Mommy, what does a fan do?" "Mommy, what does a car do?" and my favorite: "Mommy, what does a strawberry do?" As Sean pointed out last week, sometimes it is difficult to come up with an answer for him.


This morning he was asking me a series of questions at breakfast, so I asked him: "Carter, what does Mommy do?" He said "Mommy goes in the kitchen." Hmmm...an interesting answer since I am certainly no cook. But, I guess heating up hot dogs and unloading the dishwasher have made quite an impression! So, I decided to ask him "What does Daddy do?". Carter thought about it for a second (I was secretly hoping he would say "watch TV" so I could use that against Sean someday, but I guess Carter enjoys watching Myth Busters) then said "Daddy goes in the car". I think this is partly because we had just said "goodbye" to Sean as he left for work and got into his car, and partly because Sean often takes Carter out in the garage when he is working on the car. In any case, it was pretty cute!

Today, Carter walked into our bedroom and said: "Hi, my name is Carter". I told him I knew it was his name because I picked it! I guess he's ready for his first cocktail party!

No comments:

Post a Comment