Wednesday, February 23, 2011

St. Louis Zoo

We had a great time exploring the St. Louis zoo while we were in town. It is amazing...and, free! We got a late start so in no way saw the entire zoo, but the highlights were the train and the penguin exhibit. I'm hoping we can make it an annual outing!


Here comes the train! Four stops throughout the zoo and it goes under a waterfall...

In the background, you can see the dark-colored aviary that is one of the few (maybe the only, I can't remember) original structures from the 1904 World's Fair. How cool!


Five Beilmans on a train




Having a blast with Grandma Pat



The tigers were a favorite, of course!





The penguin/puffin exhibit was very cool...as in frigid. It was chilly and very smelly in there, but one of the nicest zoo exhibits I've ever seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment