Hope you had a joyful Easter weekend! I always loved Easter growing up...a new dress for Sunday school, new white shoes, egg hunt (my great-grandpa always put money inside the plastic eggs), the smell of vinegar and hard-boiled eggs... I still look forward to this holiday every year. Some day, we will celebrate it the traditional way again. For now, it went like this:
On Saturday, Sean took the boys to our neighborhood Egg Hunt. Since the boys came out of that event with only ONE egg total, Sean staged a private egg hunt in our front yard!
the neighborhood egg hunt
At least they got to meet the Easter Bunny!
The Beilman Egg Hunt experience was a success!
On Sunday morning, the boys discovered their goodies from the Easter Bunny! And yes, they were up before 6AM, so I got to see them enjoy their Easter surprises before I left for work that morning...it made my day.
That Bunny is so smart...he KNEW the boys needed new Crocs! How cool is that?!
Who doesn't love a good game of Chutes and Ladders?
The new Cootie game was a hit...and so were the chocolate eggs, by the looks of it!
Unfortunately, Easter always falls on the weekend, so that meant I was working instead of egg-hunting and rejoicing. (Apparently, babies are born even on holidays.) Anyway, sorry for the mini pity-party...I digress. I did get to leave work an hour early on Sunday! (An hour earlier means I am home in time to see my boys before they go to bed.) We celebrated by having a burrito picnic outside on the front porch. What a nice treat! It was a beautiful day and we made the most of it! I hope you and your loved ones were able to do the same. Happy Easter!

Hey Marigny! Glad I finally stumbled across your blog, so cute!
ReplyDeleteUm, and, I freakin' LOVE Cooties! Can I have a play date sometime with them? Hope to see you soon!
-Katie
Katie-Consider this an open invitation to come over to play Cooties any time! I'll entertain Lucy while you play the game--sounds like a fair trade to me! Summer break is just around the corner...
ReplyDelete