Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thanks for the "Help"

It is no secret that I'm not a morning person.  However, my boys never got that memo.  Carter has always gotten up at the crack of dawn (It's not unusual for him to come into our room at 5:45 ready to start the day.).  I can usually hold him off for a while by putting on one of his favorite shows.  Don't judge...a sleepy mommy is a very grumpy mommy.

Yesterday I slept in until, gasp, 7:00 and woke up suddenly when I realized the show was over and Carter was not in our room.  I came downstairs to find that Carter had made me coffee in a creamer cup (he couldn't reach the coffee cups) and opened up the Keurig before it was done brewing because the coffee had started to spill over the top at that point.  *Note to self: creamers are not large enough to hold a mommy-sized cup of coffee.  

Carter had also gotten food out of the freezer and the big scissors.  He was not messing around, people!  This was what I walked in to:  




He couldn't understand why I was upset, since he was just being "helpful".  We had a little talk about safety before I took these photos.  Then I had to chuckle to myself about how, most days, I feel like I'm living in a circus side show with these two boys.  I was just so happy that nobody got burned, cut or worse.  Turned out to be a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment