Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Labor

Get it? :-)

Since Sean & I both had the day off, we enjoyed a big breakfast at home (I didn't lift a finger!) and then Sean went to work outside.  The ongoing saga of Deck Building 2013 continues with the construction of stairs. While Sean worked, I took the boys to the pool so we could enjoy the unofficial last day of Summer. Having a neighborhood pool has been way more fun and valuable to us than I ever could have imagined. Plus, it got us out of the construction zone for a while. 


 After this first round of pouring concrete into the molds, I stepped in to help scrape/fill while Sean mixed and poured.  I think the boys were both shocked to see Mommy doing manual labor.  Carter said "Wow Mom, I didn't know you had muscles like Dad!"  I don't know about all that, but I did use it as an opportunity to remind the boys that we girls can do a lot of things.  We are strong and capable, just like boys are!  Plus, it was fun to be able to finally help, even if it was minor.  Carter & Davis wanted to get in on the action, too!

Hope you all had a fun and restful Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment