Jedi-fighting before breakfast
*Meet Don Hicklin: Last week in the car, I said something to Davis and he replied: "Davis isn't here anymore. I'm Don Hicklin." I dug a little deeper to see what he was talking about. He told me that Don Hicklin looks just like Davis, they're twins. I asked him what I should know about Don (I was getting a little worried at this point.) and he told me "Don Hicklin speaks Spanish & he loves trampolines." I mean, the kid did not skip a beat. He just launched into these characteristics and as if it really were Don in the car. Crazy. Then, I stopped to get the mail & when I got back in the car Don was gone and Davis was back. I asked where Don had left and Davis told me "He ran away because he had to blast off in his spaceship." When I asked him about Don with Carter in the car later that afternoon, he repeated everything about Don just like he had earlier...I thought maybe he would have forgotten about Don. (Carter was not impressed with Don or his bilingual abilities.)
On Monday, while we were out to lunch, I decided to ask Davis if he had seen Don lately or (horror) if he were at the table with us! Davis immediately replied "No, he's not here. He hates ice cream and whiffed cream, so he would never come here." (The boys were having ice cream sundaes after lunch as a treat for good behavior.) I have to admit, Don kind of creeps me out. I hope he stays in outer space where he belongs!
*Rocks?
Yesterday after Preschool, Davis was playing with his buddies outside. I spotted him holding a small green plastic bag and went over to investigate. He said "Look Mom, I found some cool rocks!" Actually, it was a bag of rock-like doggie poo that fell out of the trash can nearby. Now, try to wipe that image out of your brain...I'm still working on it. That was our cue to high-tail it back to the car and bathe with some antibacterial wipes. We now know to stay away from little green bags. GROSS!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment