Thursday, December 3, 2009

missing Mimi

There are times in life when a girl just needs her mom. We were fortunate enough to have my mom (Mimi) here for 10 days to help us with Carter while I was in the hospital and then with both boys after we brought Davis home. There is nobody else I would feel comfortable with doing my laundry (even if I asked her not to) or dealing with my hormonal post-partum mood swings. Mom took it all in stride and was there doing things for us before we even had a chance to ask. She tolerated the 5:30 am wake-up calls (courtesy of Carter), the constant chaos and the never-ending dirty dishes & laundry with a smile. She even made a yummy Thanksgiving dinner for us (with a little help from Super Target) the day after Davis & I came home!
There are probably a million other things that I can't even remember right now because we are all so sleep-deprived. It doesn't seem like enough, but I just wanted to say "thank you" to my wonderful mother for all of your help, your patience and your never-ending love of my boys (all three of them!). You are a blessing to us and we couldn't have done it without you! We love you, Mimi!


The flowers mom brought to me in the hospital.
Me, Davis, Mimi & Carter in front of the tree


Mimi brought Carter this cool t-shirt!



Mimi & Davis





Mimi & her two favorite boys! When we came home from dropping Mimi off at the airport last night, Carter said "Go inside to see Mimi?" He misses you already, Mom!




Snuggling with Davis






No comments:

Post a Comment