Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kitchen Bling

Yep, this is a post about putting hardware on our kitchen cabinets.  Our lives are just not that exciting, people...we've got to fill up the blog space somehow.

Let me just preface this project by saying that we lived in our last house for five years and, despite the fact that we had black painted kitchen cabinets, we never wanted to "splurge" by adding hardware.  Lesson learned--when it came time to sell, we (Sean) had lots of paint touch up to do.  So, with that experience under our belts, we decided to drive to our neighborhood Home Depot and finally get going on jazzing up these ho-hum cabinets.  Did I mention there's about a million of them?  We selected a different type of hardware for the upper cabinets versus the lower ones, mostly because the upper cabinets are considerably taller and a tiny knob looked kind of silly.  The pulls on the drawers were easy...I've always liked that look.  (If it works for Martha Stewart, it works for me!)  Plus, it helped break up the monotony of our dark brown cabinet convention.  

Here are the Before & After shots for your viewing pleasure:














I am really happy with how they turned out.  Another project checked off the list, thanks to my handy husband!

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! Cabinet hardware is also on my to-do list! Do you think Sean might agree to do ours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! Sean is the original Handy Manny, I do believe :-) Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! Sara-I can't promise anything in the way of labor, but Sean does have a sweet hardware template that I'm sure he would love to lend Tyler. He is pretty proud of it. ;-)
    Mom-I'll tell Sean that you approve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh, the templates went in the trash. Guess i wasn't as proud of it as you though.

    ReplyDelete