Thursday, April 12, 2012

Table Transformation

A while back, I asked Sean if he would rehab this table so we could use it in Carter's room.  This little wicker table is from my parents' apartment in New Orleans, back in the mid-70s.  We used it in some way or another the whole time I was growing up, then I painted it seafoam green & took it to college in the early '90s.  It was later repainted to fit in at one of my various apartments after I moved to Denver and now, it sits in my 4-year-old's room.  Crazy.  Sean pulled a miracle on this one...I cannot believe how cool it looks now!

 Before:


 Helping Daddy with the table...



 AFTER: Metallic silver legs, a stainless steel top and bright orange trim.  (It probably would have been a good idea to clean it before taking the photos.  Oh well.)

*We are still finishing up Carter's "robot room", but will post photos of the finished project after it comes together.  It is taking considerably longer than the cowboy room did.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love having a handy dandy husband ;-) The table looks great! Will tore down some built in shelves from our old house (because they were tacky and out of date) and built Kate a treasure box for her toys. Still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandy! I know, don't you feel lucky to be married to a Mr. Fix It? Saves a ton of money in the home improvements department! ;-)

    ReplyDelete