Thursday, November 12, 2009

37 weeks

This morning was our 37 week OB visit and last ultrasound.  We found out that this little boy is now vertex!  He must have turned sometime in the last week.  We are still planning a c/s on the 22nd, the only difference now would be if I happened to go into labor before then we would see what happens...
They estimated his current weight to be 7lbs 11oz.  My amniotic fluid volume looks great & there is no cord around his neck.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to get a good pic of his face today so I don't have anything to post. 
Sean and Carter went with me to the appointment and then we went our for lunch afterwards.  I don't think Carter was too impressed by his little brother yet, but I'm sure that will change!  For those of you who are not on Facebook, I found out on Monday that Carter will not be able to come to the hospital to visit me due to our H1N1 visitor limitations that are hospital-wide.  I was holding out hope because our manager had been allowing the children of antepartum patients visit weekly for a couple of hours, so I thought maybe they would pull some strings for staff.  (Especially since Carter has had his seasonal flu vaccine & gets his H1N1 vaccine tomorrow.)  No such luck.  Absoulutely no visitors under age 18 allowed.  I am pretty disappointed and will probably try to at least go down to meet him in the parking garage while I am there.  But, he will have to wait to meet baby brother until we get home.  That should be interesting!
We have our last OB visit next week.  Yippee!  I am working this weekend and then possibly Friday the following week (keeping my fingers crossed that I get cost-contained that night!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment