Thursday, November 19, 2009

38 weeks

This morning was my last doctor's appointment before our c/section on Sunday.  I am ready to have this baby!!  I had no weight gain this week (thank goodness) and my blood pressure is still great.  I am pretty huge these days and am hoping that this boy weighs more than Carter did (8 1/2 lbs) since I will be four days farther along when I deliver.  They did note on the ultrasound last week that I had a lot of amniotic fluid , so that is instant weight loss waiting to happen!  Yippee! 

I was feeling pretty good about myself until the past 24 hours.  Yesterday at lunch I had to switch from a booth to a table because I literally couldn't fit into the booth.  My belly was getting squished against the table.  Kind of humiliating, kind of funny.  Then today (also at lunch) a woman looked at me and said "Sooooo, obviously you're having twins, right?"  When I said "no" and gave her a look that dared her to say anything more, she tried to dig herself out of the hole by telling me that I didn't look pregnant from behind.  I was proud of myself for cracking a smile.  As Sean would tell you, that could have gone badly.  At this stage in the game, my politeness factor is sorely lacking.  Thankfully, we only have a few days left of useless contractions and getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night.  I am anxious to meet this little boy & bring him home to introduce him to Carter!

No comments:

Post a Comment